Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Someone asked me a few days ago what the purpose of this blog was. Pretty basic yet tricky question when you would expect artistic criticism or praise, or comments on style, or rhythm or ideas…

I therefore find myself in a pretty weird situation trying to explain this not to others but to myself. Maybe I’ve changed a little in time and am now more open to the world than I was before, but I had to admit that when it was created, this blog was merely an intimate journal. A little girl’s diary, with everything she could not dream to say or express in any other way than encrypted bits and pieces behind a series of symbols, and colour palettes and letter and pencil lines.

However, in time some posts became less personal and more “for the sake” of art and sharing with others while some have turned into a pretty dirty story for those capable of peeking behind the curtains.

I would therefore conclude that my blog’s purpose, just like many others (even all), is what it is, changes with the point of view or perception you have of each piece or the big picture…it’s nothing actually…unless me or you give it a purpose of being…

[As an answer to Dj.]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your title "Nowhere" is funny in combination with
[Deauville; August 2010] :-)

I, for one, am glad that you upload a picture and share some thoughts with the rest of the world. I recognize what you wrote about a blog changing in character and content over time. You are changing, your circumstances change and your blog is a reflection of these changes. It is good to keep it up - it becomes even more valuable when you start looking back.

eternity forever said...

Well the picture had to be taken somewhere! The title is just the feeling that place and time made me think of...:)

As for the blog changing, that is so true. As we change, as the world changes, as leaves on a tree blossom, and wither and fal and then blossom again...

Macs said...

I came up on your blog purely by accident. I think you summed up what your blog is, and indeed many others are, beautifully. Many bloggers would not be able to define what or why their blog is. Many just are!

Unknown said...

I like that...haha

Unknown said...

i'm soo happy that i've found your blog the picture & mainly the drawings are perfect , i'm soo sorry for my english , maybe you will take a look at my blog , but i tink i have too much texts on german but also some pictures :-)


Ann :-*

http://lavieestdificile.blogspot.de/